Helping Teens Stay Above the Influence of Drugs and Alcohol
Above The Influence is a nationwide program that raises teens’ awareness about the influences that surround them, and offers relevant resources that can help them have the confidence to make better decisions for their future and the motivation to become active participants in their communities.
Have You Seen Our Teens’ Above the Influence Posters?
In 2014, P-CASA ran a poster contest that encouraged Paterson teens to design a poster that answered the question, “What Keeps You Above The Influence?” Here are some of the powerful prevention messages created by our youth:
Will You Help Us Build a Better Paterson?
P-CASA understands that we can accomplish much more by working together with the wonderful people of Paterson. If you or your organization want to help build a safer and healthier Paterson for our youth, join us as we work to eliminate underage drinking, tobacco, and substance use.
There are many ways to get involved:
- Attend P-CASA meetings
- Participate in a P-CASA subcommittee or working group
- Provide access to survey participants
- Help distribute prevention messages and materials
- Advocate for policies and ordinances that align with P-CASA’s goals and mission
- Provide insight and solutions to community concerns
- Represent P-CASA at community events and meetings
- Recruit community members to join and participate as P-CASA members