Prevention Props Project
Graduation and Prom are two of the most meaningful and memorable milestones from high school life. Knowing that both events are usually tied to celebrations, Paterson youth worked with P-CASA to develop an informational campaign centered on responsibly celebrating these important events.
The first step was having the youth meet with P-CASA youth leaders to talk through their ideas. After that initial meeting, P-CASA’s creative team built a life-size Instagram frame that featured relevant hashtags and other props the youth could hold up during their celebration photos.
The results were fantastic! The students used the props extensively and had high praises for the look of the props. “It was nice to see our ideas used for prevention,” said Coalition Youth Member.
Other Opportunities to Bring Positive Change to Paterson
P-CASA understands that we can accomplish much more by working together with the wonderful people of Paterson. If you or your organization want to help build a safer and healthier Paterson for our youth, join us as we work to eliminate underage drinking, tobacco, and substance use.
There are many ways to get involved:
- Attend P-CASA meetings
- Participate in a P-CASA subcommittee or working group
- Provide access to survey participants
- Help distribute prevention messages and materials
- Advocate for policies and ordinances that align with P-CASA’s goals and mission
- Provide insight and solutions to community concerns
- Represent P-CASA at community events and meetings
- Recruit community members to join and participate as P-CASA members